Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering Allows CTERA Customers to Optimize Cost of Storing Infrequently Accessed Data
New York, NY – December 20, 2018—CTERA Networks, a global leader in secure enterprise file services, today announced support for Amazon Web Services’ newest storage class, S3 Intelligent-Tiering. This enables CTERA customers to optimize the cost of enterprise file services on AWS by automatically moving data to the most cost-effective access tier based on access patterns, without impacting performance or operational overhead.
Powering file services on AWS
The CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform enables organizations to power a wide range of file services on AWS, including:
- Remote office / branch office (ROBO) file storage powered by CTERA Edge filers. This offers accelerated access to a global file system on AWS. Customers enjoy seamless migration from legacy NAS systems, in addition to full folder structure and permissions preservation.
- Private content collaboration / enterprise file sync and share (EFSS)
- Backup for laptops, servers and Amazon EC2 instances to AWS or across multiple clouds
By operating entirely within a customer’s virtual private cloud (VPC) on AWS, the CTERA platform delivers the highest levels of data security, privacy, and control.
A game-changer for storage costs
“We estimate Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering to reduce our typical customer’s S3 bill by approximately 23 percent”. This is a “real game-changer,” said Aron Brand, CTO of CTERA. “It uses a clever pricing model that eliminates much of the uncertainty surrounding cloud storage costs”. Not only that, it also allows you to mix frequently and infrequently accessed data. “Our new support for S3 Intelligent-Tiering means organizations have greater opportunities for data optimization as they shift from their legacy NAS systems to modern, software-defined file services.”
CTERA is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Storage Competency Partner, achieving the designation from AWS based upon CTERA’s customer successes, technical proficiency, and product portfolio.
- CTO Blog Post: Does S3 Intelligent-Tiering Save Money?
- CTERA-AWS Customer Success
- AWS Storage Competency Partners
- CTERA Global File System Whitepaper
Trusted by Fortune 100, government organizations and leading service providers, CTERA provides the only cyber-hardened and completely unified file sharing and data protection platform that allows enterprise IT to address the full continuum of global file services from the cloud infrastructure of their choice. CTERA is leading the digital transformation of enterprises to cloud-enabled file services, with millions of corporate users and tens of thousands of cloud-enabled offices worldwide.