Extend Cloud Storage Beyond The Datacenter
Cloud storage promises to deliver great cost-savings and business agility for enterprise IT, while delivering easier ways of storing, sharing and protecting enterprise data. However, making cloud storage usable for applications that are not purely in the cloud poses several challenges: security of data as it moves to and from the cloud, WAN speed and latency in remote sites, and integration with existing IT systems and applications.
Private or Public
Choose among multiple object storage vendors and public cloud storage providers as your storage infrastructure, with easy-to-use connectors from CTERA.
Use CTERA to deliver hybrid cloud/on-premises storage, data protection and collaboration solutions, managed centrally from a single platform.
Active Directory / LDAP IntegrationCTERA provides extensive integration with your Active Directory / LDAP for identity management and user authentication, including support for Active Directory forests.
CTERA's enterprise cloud storage solution is a platform that enables deployment of integrated cloud storage applications to the distributed enterprise, including mobile workers, remote offices and branches. It utilizes a combination of cloud storage gateways, end-point agents, mobile apps and a cloud service delivery portal to deliver a secure, WAN-optimized solution that doesn't require development or custom integrations.
Navigating The Challenges of Diverse Storage Environments
Applications of CTERA's technology address multiple needs that would otherwise require separate solutions at a much higher total cost of ownership:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) storage: A complete solution for storage, data protection and file sharing that is physically distributed but centrally managed.
- Enterprise File Sync & Share: Addressing the needs of employees and business associates to easily access and share files within predefined teams or ad hoc.
- Mobile file access: Providing a secure riposte to the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) phenomenon and consumer cloud services
- Managed NAS: Replacing expensive file servers with centrally-managed, cloud-enabled appliances with local storage capacity, and no need for on-site IT staff.
Leverage Your Cloud Storage Infrastructure
Object-based storage, which serves as the infrastructure for cloud storage services, is highly cost-effective enterprise-grade storage. The ability to utilize your private cloud as a storage pool for multiple use-cases presents an opportunity for significant cost savings.
CTERA helps enterprises make the most out of their datacenter investment by maximizing the utilization of private cloud object storage, making storage silos and point solutions such as tape backup and dedicated laptop backup redundant. CTERA Portal is interoperable with datacenter and storage technologies from Cisco, EMC, HDS, IBM and additional vendors, giving you the freedom to choose your cloud infrastructure.
- Multiple applications on a single platform: Rather than use disparate storage silos, CTERA allows you to create cloud file sync & share, mobile collaboration, backup and ROBO storage solutions using a single platform, creating efficiencies and allowing you to maximize utilization of your cloud infrastructure.
- Highly cost-efficient: With appliances starting below $1,000 and highly optimized use of cloud storage infrastructure, you can deliver services at a fraction of the cost of traditional enterprise storage silos.
- Choose Your Private or Public Cloud: CTERA's solution works seamlessly with a variety of cloud storage and object storage providers, enabling you to leverage your datacenter infrastructure, as well as utilize public clouds if needed.
- Security and authentication: CTERA's solution was build with security in mind, providing built-in AES-256 encryption, native Active Directory and LDAP integration for user authentication and single sign-on (SSO), and extensive role-based access controls.
- Multiple deployment options: Optimize performance and end-user experience with a mix of cloud storage gateways for remote offices and branches, managed CTERA agents for laptop users, and CTERA mobile app for smartphone and tablet users.
- Enterprise-grade robustness and scalability: A true multi-tenant, multi-tiered and scalable solution, supporting high-availability and load balancing, with policy-based central management that scales to tens of thousands of sites and end-users.
- Rapid launch and deployment: The rich functionality provided by CTERA Portal and ease of deployment and remote configuration capabilities of CTERA's cloud storage gateways allow you to create and launch storage services in a matter of days, no custom development required.
Centralized Management of Remote Appliances and End-Point Agents
A complete view of all CTERA Portal connected appliances and agents in a single console. Admins can view device status, account, template, version and other parameters. Sort, search and export supported.
CTERA Portal enables you to monitor in real-time all aspects of your cloud storage service, managed appliances and end-point agents, supporting Syslog for external monitoring.
Wizard-Driven Service Plan Provisioning
Control the services included in your offerings, including backup, remote access, cloud drive, sharing invitations, end-user self-registration, free trials and more.
Choice of Cloud & Object Storage Backends
CTERA Portal supports multiple object storage vendors and cloud storage services, allowing for both private and public cloud deployments. For a list of supported platforms and services click here.
Customized End-User Email Notifications
CTERA Portal administrators can completely customize when end-user email notifications are sent and their contents. Automated notifications can be triggered by events such as storage quota used, trial expiration, disconnected devices, and more.
Team Portals: Multi-Tier Management
Set up multiple team portals with storage quotas, delegating portal administration capabilities to departmental level and facilitating file sharing and collaboration.
Native Active Directory & LDAP Integration
CTERA Portal provides deep integration with Active Directory (including AD forests) and LDAP for user identity management and authentication. This allows rapid deployment based on existing user roles and access privileges while maintaining security policies.
User-Driven File Sharing and Collaboration Projects
Enable multi-user team collaboration with user-administered project teams. Read/write and time-limited access supported. Works seamlessly with CTERA's sync features and Mobile App.
Configurable Snapshot Retention Policy
A nested snapshot retention policy can be customized as part of cloud storage service plans, as well as on CTERA appliances when using the Next3 file system.
Cloud Drive Sync
Define folders to synchronize in real-time to the cloud. CTERA agents and appliances both provide the ability to define user groups for global de-duplication, which greatly improves performance over WAN and reduces cloud storage needs.
End-User File Manager
End-users can access their cloud drive and backup files using an online file manager, where they can download, restore and share files with one-off URLs via email.
Flexible Bandwidth Throttling
Ensure smooth network performance by selectively throttling appliance-to-cloud traffic when your network is busy. Control the exact bandwidth consumption during specific days of the week and hours of the day.
Remote Firmware Upgrades
CTERA Portal makes it possible to automatically upgrade CTERA cloud storage gateway firmware, pushing upgrades to the appliances according to policies determined by the administrator.
CTERA Portal provides full control over cloud storage gateway configuration using templates. Once a change is made in the template appliances subscribed to that template are automatically reconfigured.
Extensive Event Logging
CTERA Portal allows administrators to log system, login/access, backup and synchronization events. Logs can be output to Syslog and integrated with 3rd party tools via Nagios.
Securely access, share and sync cloud files from your Apple iPhone (shown here), iPad or Android device. Seamlessly connects to your encrypted folders in the cloud via CTERA Portal.
CTERA's Small-Footprint Agent
Back up and synchronize folders to the cloud with CTERA's small footprint software agents, allowing users to initiate and monitor backups and sync operations from their desktops.
Windows Shell Integration
Add/remove files for backup right in Windows Explorer, access your synchronized cloud drive, and receive notifications on backup and sync operations.