Service Delivery & Management Middleware
CTERA Portal is a scalable data services delivery middleware that enables the creation, delivery and management of storage-based services, including file sync & share, backup, remote office storage optimization and VDI storage optimization. It utilizes object and file storage infrastructure from multiple vendors, including EMC, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp and AWS.
With a centralized management console for CTERA cloud storage gateways and endpoints, CTERA Portal makes it possible to extend data services to remote sites and mobile users, and manage anywhere from tens to tens of thousands of connected appliances and end-point devices. It allows enterprises and service providers to launch cloud storage services with ease, and with full white-labeling.
CTERA Portal can remotely manage anywhere from tens to tens of thousands of connected devices, including CTERA cloud storage gateways for remote sites and end-point agents for individual users and mobile workforce. It allows you to launch and manage the following applications from your cloud storage infrastructure:
- Continuous bi-directional synchronization between cloud folders, end-points and cloud gateways
- Collaboration using shared project workspaces with user controlled permissions, and email invitations for ad-hoc access
- Automated, bandwidth-optimized local & cloud backup with block-level de-duplication
- Selective file backup and "bare metal" disk-level backup
- Application-aware backup for Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory, SharePoint and Hyper-V
- VDI user data storage optimization, that leverages object storage for cost optimization and mobility
- Remote access to files via standard browsers and CTERA Mobile app
Create and manage service plans and group-based templates, determine storage quota, licensing, service expiration dates, and manage dunning procedures. Easily integrate with Active Directory and LDAP for user authentication, as well as third party billing and monitoring systems.
Multi-Tenancy and Multi-Tier Management
CTERA Portal supports multi-tier management, making it possible to delegate aspects of service delivery to channel partners or departments using virtual instances of the CTERA portal that act as software blades sharing the same underlying infrastructure settings, but with complete isolation. Two types of "virtual portals" can be set up under a CTERA Portal Datacenter Edition installation:
- Reseller Portal: Allows resellers to create their own service plans, and manage their customers independently of the hosting cloud service provider that owns and manages the storage infrastructure. Also includes the option of private branding per reseller.
- Team Portal: Allows enterprise departments or individual businesses to manage their own storage services and provisioning. Includes the option to connect each Team Portal to a customer-defined authentication system (AD/LDAP) and collaborate in team workspaces.
Cloud Storage Back-End
CTERA Portal is interoperable with a variety of storage infrastructure providers, including public cloud services and object storage platforms from EMC, IBM, HDS, AWS and others. CTERA Portal eliminates storage vendor lock-in and allows you to load-balance between different back-end options, both private and public. For a list of supported storage vendors click here.
Integrations for Data Governance and Security
CTERA Portal integrates with anti-malware, enterprise mobility management (EMM), and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions to allow enterprises greater data visibility, control and compliance.
Create and manage your own service plans, controlling the types of services included, cloud storage provisioning, end-user self-registration, CTERA Agent licensing and more.
A complete view of all CTERA Portal connected appliances and agents in a single console. Admins can view device status, account, template, version and other parameters. Remote firmware/software upgrades and mobile data remote wipe also supported.
CTERA Portal enables you to centrally manage and monitor in real-time all aspects of your cloud storage service, managed appliances and end-point agents, supporting Syslog for external monitoring.
CTERA Portal supports multiple object storage vendors and cloud storage services, allowing for both private and public cloud deployments. For a list of supported platforms and services click here.
Control the services included in your offerings, including backup, remote access, cloud drive, sharing invitations, end-user self-registration, free trials and more.
A nested snapshot retention policy can be customized as part of cloud storage service plans, as well as on CTERA appliances when using the Next3 file system. Users can easily roll back to previous versions.
CTERA Portal provides deep integration with Active Directory (including AD forests) and LDAP for user identity management and authentication. This allows rapid deployment based on existing user roles and access privileges while maintaining security policies.
CTERA Portal allows administrators to log system, login/access, backup and synchronization events. Logs can be output to Syslog and integrated with 3rd party tools via Nagios to facilitate compliance and auditing.
CTERA Portal makes it possible to automatically upgrade CTERA cloud storage gateway firmware and CTERA Agent software, pushing upgrades to the endpoints according to policies determined by the administrator.
CTERA Portal administrators can completely customize when end-user email notifications are sent and their contents. Automated notifications can be triggered by events such as storage quota used, trial expiration, disconnected devices, and more.