WAN Optimization and Data Reduction
CTERA employs source-based de-duplication and compression, minimizing impact on available WAN bandwidth and reducing storage usage in your cloud or data center by up to 90%. You can de-duplicate data blocks across multiple sites and users, whether in a specific geography, within a department, or across your entire organization.
Reduce Storage Costs
Source-based de-duplication and compression reduce storage usage by up to 90%.
Minimize Impact on WAN Traffic
Incremental-Forever backup and sync mean only changed blocks are sent, minimizing WAN traffic impact.
Improve Data Transfer Speeds
Send TBs of logical data per hour across the WAN while users continue working uninterrupted.
- Source-based de-dupe
- De-duplication is done at the source, optimizing both data transfer speed and storage.
- Customizable de-dupe groups
- Apply de-duplication across your organization based on confidentiality and efficiency needs.
- Block-level with configurable block size
- Control block size for optimal tradeoff of performance vs. data reduction.
- Scheduled bandwidth throttling
- Limit backup and sync usage of bandwidth by day of the week and time of day.
- Source-based (client-side) compression
- In addition to de-dup, all data is compressed before being sent over WAN.
- Completely transparent to end-users
- No interruption to other applications, and minimal use of system resources.