Managed Cloud Storage Service Includes Hybrid Backup and Secure File Sync & Share for Canadian SMBs
Palo Alto, Calif., and Petach Tikvah, Israel, Oct. 8, 2013 – CTERA Networks, the leader in cloud storage enablement, today announced that RICOH Canada Inc., the subsidiary of the global technology leader specializing in office imaging equipment, document management and IT services, has launched a new cloud storage service for its business customers using CTERA’s cloud storage platform. The RICOH-branded service, RCloud Services:Backup & Recovery, offers hybrid cloud/local backup, mobile access to files, and secure file sync & share capabilities as a managed service, based on cloud infrastructure hosted entirely in Canada.
Ricoh Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricoh Americas Corporation with its head office located in Toronto, with over 2,100 employees nation-wide. Earlier this year, Ricoh Canada launched its first cloud offering, RCloud Services: ECM (Enterprise Content Management), and is now expanding its offering with the CTERA-powered RCloud Services: Backup & Recovery.
The new service offers many benefits, including:
- Hybrid local and cloud backup, providing the convenience and speed of an on-site appliance, combined with the disaster recovery and universal file access benefits of the cloud
- Zero administration, with all aspects of the service monitored and managed remotely by Ricoh
- All data is encrypted both in-transit and at-rest
- Cloud infrastructure wholly located in Canada
“We launched RCloud Services with a strategic view of creating added-value Canada-based cloud services for our customers, keeping their data secure and in compliance with their requirements,” said Eric Fletcher, vice-president, marketing, Ricoh Canada. “Storage and backup is one area where we see one of our customer’s largest pain points, and with CTERA’s technology we were able to rapidly create, brand and launch our RCloud Services: Backup & Recovery service, catering to the needs of both small and large customers at an attractive price point, allowing them to reduce capital expenditure while enjoying “set and forget” peace of mind and first-rate service levels with our national coverage.”
Ricoh Canada selected CTERA for its ability to address key requirements:
- Appliance-based (hybrid) as well as software-only backup scenarios, combined with file sync & share
- Scalability and centralized management of 10,000s of sites and 100,000s of end-users
- Integration with multiple storage infrastructure back-ends, avoiding lock-in
- Fully private-label all aspects of the service with the Ricoh brand
“Our partnership with Ricoh Canada demonstrates how CTERA’s technology can empower IT service providers to rapidly launch and manage branded cloud services, while eliminating the need for custom development and integration,” said Don Fuller, Senior Director of Sales at CTERA. “We are thrilled to be chosen by Ricoh Canada in helping them shape the Canadian cloud services market.”
Availability: Ricoh Canada is offering the new service to its entire business customer base, via its Canadian sales force and select reseller partners. For more information, please visit Ricoh Canada’s RCloud Services website.