Selected by Italy’s Largest Service Provider to Drive Its Secure File Sync & Share and Backup for Businesses
Palo Alto, Calif., and Petach Tikvah, Israel, Nov. 20, 2013 – CTERA Networks, the leader in cloud storage enablement, today announced that Telecom Italia (TI), the largest telecom provider in Italy, has launched cloud storage services for business customers using CTERA’s cloud storage platform. Named “Nuvola It Data Space Easy”, the TI-branded solution offers cloud backup and file sync & share services provisioned from Telecom Italia’s secure, Italy-based data centers.
The new CTERA-powered offering allows users to share and synchronize files between multiple devices, and back up data to TI’s cloud. Enterprise-grade encryption is used on all data sent to the cloud, and customers control the encryption keys, meaning that their data is safe from unauthorized access.
“Our customers have been looking for an Italy-based cloud storage service,” said Enzo Bagnacani, marketing infrastructure solution director, Telecom Italia. “CTERA allows us to launch multiple cloud-storage-based services with iron-clad security and under our brand, while leveraging our investment in the Nuvola Italiana infrastructure.”
Localized cloud storage services are emerging as a major market opportunity worldwide, and are critical for Italy’s business sector where legal compliance and security remain top requirements. Concerns with the use of public cloud services have been exacerbated by the disclosure of PRISM and the NSA’s surveillance and data mining program, and have accelarated the development of Italian-based clouds.
Telecom Italia selected CTERA after rigorous testing and development. Key factors in TI’s selection of the CTERA platform included:
- Unified, centrally managed solution for file sync, backup and cloud storage gateways.
- Cross platform support for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Per-customer encryption key management and Active Directory identity management integration.
- The ability to run the service entirely out of Telecom Italia’s Italy-based datacenter on its existing infrastructure, without any dependencies on offshore components.
- Multi-tier administration, private branding, and integrations with billing and self-service portals.
- Advanced de-duplication and bandwidth controls that enable the service to work optimally even on lower bandwidth connections.
“CTERA has invested in creating a highly secure, scalable and unified platform that enables service providers to launch cloud storage services rapidly and at a fraction of the cost of alternative approaches,” said Donato Antonangeli, regional director, Italy, CTERA.”We are excited to be chosen by Telecom Italia as their solution for business-grade cloud storage services. It is a testament to CTERA’s leadership in cloud storage and to our commitment to the Italian market.”