Introduces Flexible Synchronization of Multiple Folders Shared Workspaces, Allowing Employees to Easily Share Files without Changing Their Existing Folder Structure
Palo Alto, California and Petah Tikvah, Israel – May 14, 2014 – CTERA Networks today announced the addition of multi-folder and multi-project sync capability to its enterprise file sync & share (EFSS) solution. The company is showcasing this and other features of its Cloud Storage Services Platform at OpenStack Summit this week -Booth E27.
The latest addition to CTERA’s EFSS feature set allows users to choose any new or pre-existing folder on their computer, synchronize those folders with any project or personal folder in the cloud, and do so with any number of folders – unlike most EFSS solutions that require users to create a new folder or choose a single folder to sync to the cloud.
The new functionality allows users to collaborate with each other without changing their work behaviors, and prevents IT headaches by avoiding changes to existing desktop/laptop environments. Users can now fully segregate their collaboration spaces and collaborate with different groups on different projects according to easily defined policies, and have all files synchronized locally on their desktops, laptops or mobile devices. Built on CTERA’s Cloud Storage Services Platform, CTERA’s EFSS solution provides enterprise-grade security and complete control of data using private or “virtual private” cloud deployments on a large scale.
“Enterprise users today need to share information and collaborate with each other more than ever before,” said Jean-Pierre Savi, Marketing Director for Enterprise Cloud Solutions, Orange Business Services (OBS). “CTERA’s cloud storage services platform, and in particular its ability to deliver enterprise-grade file sync & share features such as multi-folder sync, allow OBS to provide enterprise customers with a better and more secure alternative to consumer cloud file sharing apps.”
With a uniquely comprehensive cloud storage platform-centric approach, the CTERA Cloud Storage Services Platform transforms IT organizations into service providers by turning cost-effective storage infrastructure into scalable, secure and simple-to-deploy suite of data services – including remote office / branch office (ROBO) file storage, endpoint backup, server backup and enterprise file sharing – all from a unified platform with single pane-of-glass management.
With this latest release, CTERA EFSS supports a variety of use-cases for file sharing:
- Team Collaboration: User-defined collaboration workspaces allow authenticated users to share files with configurable user privileges, version conflict resolution and full audit trail. Active Directory groups and roles can be used to create default collaboration projects, and to assign user sharing privileges.
- File Dissemination: Automatic distribution of files from one or a few users to a larger group of read-only users. For example, the marketing department can create a collaterals folder that synchronizes one-way to a folder on every sales person’s laptop, ensuring that they always have local access to the most up-to-date materials.
- FTP Replacement: Users can use the solution to send large files to both internal and external users, within collaboration projects or as one-off, time-limited shared URLs that also feature 2-factor authentication for added security.
- Sync Folders across Multiple Devices: Users can define personal folders for synchronization across their own devices, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS, in addition to and separate from their shared folders.
- Integration with Cloud Storage Gateways: CTERA’s cloud storage gateway appliances also act as sync & share clients, allowing office-based users to access files synchronized from the cloud as shares on the local network, providing faster access to local users.
“Our enterprise IT-as-a-Service and cloud service provider customers have been asking for file sharing and collaboration tools that do not require any changes to how users manage their files today,” said Aron Brand, CTO of CTERA. “Multi-folder sync makes large-scale collaboration easy and flexible, recognizing that today’s workers need to collaborate across multiple circles on various initiatives.”
CTERA’s Cloud Storage Services Platform utilizes public, private or ‘virtual private’ cloud storage infrastructure and is certified for a variety of platforms including Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, EMC ViPR and Atmos, and more.