CTERA was founded upon the belief that enterprise organizations would require the benefits of cloud-based file management… without the security compromises associated with traditional SaaS offerings.
CTERA Business Benefits
QYour Private Cloud
CTERA provides organizations a SaaS platform they can operate on their cloud, behind their firewall, on their storage of choice. With CTERA, no 3rd party ever has access to your data, keys, authentication, etc.
Source-based, multi-tenant encryption secures your data before it leaves your devices, offices and servers. CTERA’s private approach to key management keeps data away from prying eyes.
Facilitate compliance and data governance with role-based access control, granular event logging and granular policy-based DLP controls to govern storage and collaboration.
- Deploy From Your Cloud of Choice
- Deploy on-premises or in a virtual private cloud (VPC) to keep your data within your network and 100% behind your firewall.
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Use your SSO and ID management tools of choice to provide seamless user authentication and avoid duplicate credentials.
- Source-based AES-256 encryption
- Data is encrypted before it is sent to the cloud and remains encrypted as it is stored.
- SHA-1 Data Fingerprinting
- Ensures data integrity as it travels between locations, prevents man-in-the-middle attacks and transfer errors.
- Private Encryption Key Management
- Manage your own encryption keys or use personal passphrases per user to prevent privileged admins from accessing data.
- 2-Factor Authentication for File Sharing
- Use email and SMS-based two-factor authentication for external file sharing to ensure only intended parties can access files.
- Role-Based Access Control
- Use Active Directory or LDAP roles and groups to control access to data and set up administrator roles.
- Password Policy Enforcement
- Set minimum password length and complexity, and enforce password change frequency.
- In-Transit TLS Encryption
- In addition to data encryption, all WAN transfers use Transport Level Security (TLS) protocol over the WAN, preventing unauthorized interception of data transfers.
- Granular Event Logging
- Monitor and log security events such as user access and failed logins, and integrate with SIEM systems via Syslog for 3rd party audit trail retention and reporting.
- Restricted Content Policies
- Define rules based on file size, name, or type that deny or allow files to be shared externally or uploaded to your network.
- 3rd Party Security Integrations
- Integrations with leading Anti-Virus, EMM and DLP tools ensure that security and governance follow the data.