Achieving GDPR Compliance
CTERA helps any organization doing business in the European Union meet the privacy and security requirements deﬁned by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Global organizations today have files scattered across wide-ranging locations, including office file servers, users' workstations and laptops, and increasingly, mobile devices. CTERA enables customers to consolidate distributed ﬁle data into a centralized repository where data governance tools can deliver insight into security and access control procedures.
CTERA Helps Address
Security and Privacy by Design
A broad feature set to protect sensitive data: in-firewall, encryption, backup/DR, and more
The Right to Be Forgotten
Central management of all ﬁles enables IT to easily identify and erase speciﬁc ﬁles as required
Personal Data Transfers
Customer control over data storage location and encryption ensures international transfer compliance
Trusted by Leading Global Organizations
“The CTERA deployment is a huge win for us. We’re able to solve the problem of real-time data availability, strengthen our business continuity agenda, and save a lot of money in the process.”
"CTERA provides a single platform for file services delivery that ties into our existing security and makes it easy for us to achieve our digital transformation initiatives."
“CTERA has enabled our IT team to transform its backup operation and become an internal service provider capable of delivering on-demand, cloud-based data protection services throughout the organization"
A Feature-Driven Platform for GDPR Compliance
- Data Residency
- Retain full control over data residency with your choice of owned object or cloud storage infrastructure
- Data Protection
- Automated local and offsite backup options with unlimited file versioning and alerts for incomplete backups
- Data Privacy
- No third-party access to your data; deploy on-premises in your datacenter or virtual private cloud
- Advanced Authentication
- Integration with your Active Directory/LDAP systems to prevent unauthorized access to central file repositories
- Source-Based Data Encryption
- Data encrypted In-traffic (TLS) and at rest (AES-256) with keys generated and managed by you
- Data Availability
- Built-in disaster recovery capabilities enable quick restores of personal data
- Record Keeping
- Detailed logging of user and device access points, backup events, and failed log-ins
- Data Breach Notification
- Audit trails provide information about unauthorized data access; built-in DLP prevents data leakage