Telefónica-Branded Solution Includes CTERA’s Secure File Sync & Share, Cloud Storage Gateways, and Hybrid Backup with Enterprise Management Capabilities
Madrid, Spain and Petach Tikvah, Israel, March 26, 2013 – CTERA Networks, the leader in cloud storage enablement, today announced that Telefónica (NYSE: TEF), one of the world’s largest telecom providers, has launched cloud storage services using CTERA’s Cloud Storage Enablement Suite, including secure file sync & share for laptop and smartphone users, and hybrid backup using cloud storage gateways.
The service, named “Disco Virtual en Red“, is fully Telefónica-branded and aimed at addressing the storage, file sharing and data protection needs of Telefónica’s enterprise customers in Spain. “Disco Virtual en Red” is available as part of the IT offering for the enterprise market at Telefónica’s Aplicateca business app store and in its Fusion Empresas offering.
The CTERA’s Cloud Storage Enablement Suite, used by Telefónica, comprises a cloud-side service delivery platform, on-premises cloud storage gateways, and agents for servers, laptops and mobile – all with a unified management interface.
CTERA was selected for its ability to scale to hundreds of thousands of customers, while seamlessly meshing with existing billing and provisioning systems, including Telefónica’s own Aplicateca business app store.
“We identified a need in the market for Spain-based, secure cloud storage services,” said Andres López Hedoire, marketing manager, cloud security and management at Telefónica. “We chose CTERA as our partner in creating this innovative service because they provide a unified platform for enabling cloud storage services, supporting the scalability we need and the security that our customers expect. Thanks to CTERA’s multi-tenant architecture, enterprise customers have their own ‘private hosted’ environments, with complete separation of data, security and access privileges.”
Telefónica is hosting the cloud infrastructure in its own datacenters and is able to monitor and troubleshoot devices and software agents remotely, as well as perform remote firmware and software upgrades.
“It is becoming increasingly evident that cloud-based storage, backup, and file sync & share services represent a major opportunity for cloud service providers,” said Hervé Bourgeois, VP of international sales at CTERA. “We are thrilled that Telefónica, one of the world’s largest telecom providers, chose to deliver those services based on our platform. The new partnership is an important milestone in our growth in the European market.”
Customers using the new cloud service can select a number of different configurations:
- Secure file sync & share: Bi-directional synchronization of local folders on users’ PCs, Macs and Linux environments to the cloud, with full data-at-rest and data-in-transit encryption, and mobile collaboration supporting iOS and Android.
- Cloud-based team collaboration: Customers can set up shared workspaces for project teams, where users share files in the cloud, invite external users to access files on a time-limited basis, and have files synchronized to their PCs for local offline access.
- Cloud storage gateway appliances: Customers can choose to have an on-premises CTERA appliance that provides a full set of NAS (network attached storage) features, supporting CIFS, NFS, AFP, FTP and rsync protocols, with RAID for local redundancy and customer-defined replication to the cloud.
- Hybrid local / cloud backup: Customers can back up their servers, laptops and desktops to the local CTERA appliance for hybrid local/cloud backup, at both file and disk-image level (bare metal). Backup is incremental, de-duplicated between users within the same company, and encrypted, with private key control given to the customer so that their data remains secure.
- Access anywhere: Customers can access and manage their shared files, backups and accounts on the Web, using a standard browser and mobile devices.
- Using CTERA’s advanced Active Directory GPO (Group Policy Object) and Single Sign On integration, Telefónica’s enterprise customers can effortlessly deliver end-point cloud backup and file sync & share services to hundreds or thousands of employees, with a single click.
Telefónica is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world in terms of market capitalization and number of customers. From this outstanding position in the industry, and with its mobile, fixed and broadband businesses as the key drivers of its growth, Telefónica has focused its strategy on becoming a leading company in the digital world. The company has a significant presence in 25 countries and a customer base that amounts to close to 314 million accesses around the world. Telefónica has a strong presence in Spain, Europe and Latin America, where the company focuses an important part of its growth strategy. Telefónica is a 100% listed company traded on the Spanish Stock Market (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia) and on those in London, New York, Lima, and Buenos Aires.