Syracuse, NY & Petach Tikva, Israel, August 9, 2010 – Seneca, a leader in innovative technology solutions, and CTERA Networks, an innovator in hybrid cloud storage and data protection, today announced that Seneca will distribute CTERA’s Cloud Attached Storage® appliances and offer branded cloud services using CTERA’s platform.
Cloud Attached Storage is a hybrid solution that combines fast local network storage with off-site cloud storage, cloud backup and remote access. Managed via the CTERA Portal™, the comprehensive solution makes it easy to launch branded cloud-based storage and data protection services that work seamlessly with the CTERA appliances. The cloud storage market is forecasted to triple itself over the next three years, and CTERA’s approach allows for quick, painless adoption with no change to existing networks and systems.
“Our new collaboration with CTERA Networks provides our reseller community real choice when offering their Small/Medium Business (SMB) and SOHO customers fast, reliable and economical managed backup and storage solutions,” said Paul Hayes, director of strategic initiatives for Seneca. “It will allow us to introduce resellers to the world of managed cloud services with minimal investment, providing recurring revenues and tremendous growth potential.”
“By joining forces with Seneca we now have access to thousands of new resellers, significantly increasing our reach in North America,” said Don Fuller, director of channel sales at CTERA Networks. “Seneca and its partners have recognized the opportunity in managed data protection and storage solutions, and CTERA’s technology will allow them to capitalize on this opportunity with the most comprehensive and cost-effective solution in the market.”
Capitalizing on Growth in Storage Needs and Cloud Computing
Under the new partnership, Seneca will distribute CTERA’s award-winning appliances, including the CloudPlug™ and C200™, recently named by CRN as one of the “top 10 systems and peripherals the midmarket needs right now.”
The CTERA C200 is the optimal solution for small businesses and branch offices that need to share files, synchronize folders across their network, gain access to files from anywhere and have a secure, transparent and disaster-proof backup of their critical data.
Ideal for teleworkers and SOHO, the CTERA CloudPlug is an elegant solution for file sharing, data backup and remote access. The small-footprint CloudPlug converts any external USB/eSATA drive into a powerful NAS appliance with integrated cloud services.
Seneca-affiliated resellers will now be able to offer managed cloud storage, backup and remote access services to their existing customer base within minutes. With the CTERA Portal, run by Seneca, and offered as Software as a Service (SaaS), resellers will be able to remotely monitor and control customer storage appliances, offer their own-branded cloud backup services, send monthly reports, and invoice their customers on a recurring basis.
Using the combination of on-premises managed appliances and easy-to-run cloud services; CTERA provides the most complete, cost-effective solution for SMB storage and data protection, allowing businesses to benefit from:
- Comprehensive Data Protection – The CTERA solution protects data on the network, along with servers, desktops and laptops, against accidental loss or damage. The combination of local and off-site backup provides disaster recovery and immediate restore capabilities.
- Reduced IT Overhead – CTERA’s Cloud Attached Storage combines local and cloud storage, backup, file sharing and remote access in a single solution, doing away with backup tapes, dedicated servers and separate solutions for backup. All aspects of the solution are remotely managed and fully automated, allowing organizations to focus on their business and reduce IT costs.
- Ironclad Security – All data is encrypted using strong 256-bit AES hardware encryption before being sent to the cloud, and access is controlled with password-protection and authentication mechanisms.
- Fast Performance – Thanks to the local network appliance, advanced de-duplication and bandwidth optimization, users experience local network speeds even as their data is being backed up to the cloud.
- Ease of Use – Accessed using a standard web browser from anywhere, the CTERA user interface makes it easy to set up automated tasks, share and synchronize files and folders, run backups and restore from backup either to the CTERA appliance or to any PC.
For more information on CTERA Networks solutions from Seneca, contact Louis Zamora, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-843-7440.
About Seneca Data
Seneca is a premier U.S.-based custom system manufacturer and value-added technology distributor with over 30 years of experience. Through a commitment to the total technology lifecycle, Seneca delivers scalable solutions backed by a complete service offering. Proven engineering and manufacturing expertise make Seneca the trusted source for VARs, OEMs and ISVs looking to shorten time to market and decrease project risk. Seneca’s expertise can be seen in the well-recognized Nexlink® brand of custom-built desktops, notebooks, servers and storage devices. Nexlink® products consistently offer performance, quality, and reliability to Business, Government, Education, Healthcare, Enthusiast, and OEM customers nationwide. For more information, visit www.senecadata.com.
Seneca. Creating and partnering throughout the technology lifecycle.
About CTERA Networks
CTERA Networks revolutionizes storage and data protection for SMBs and branch offices with Cloud Attached Storage®, a hybrid solution that combines secure cloud storage services with on-premises storage appliances for a seamless user experience. CTERA provides a cloud services platform that enables service providers and IT resellers to quickly deliver cloud storage, hybrid local/offsite backup and data protection as managed services to their customers. For more information, visit www.ctera.com.