CTERA Portal™, combined with CTERA’s Cloud Attached Storage® appliances, empowers service providers to deliver hybrid storage services to small businesses and branch offices
Petach Tikva, Israel and Palo Alto, Calif. April 13, 2010 – CTERA Networks, an innovator in hybrid cloud storage and data protection, today launched CTERA Portal, a platform that enables Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and resellers to provide cloud storage solutions to their customers. CTERA Portal is available immediately in SaaS and Datacenter editions.
The launch of CTERA Portal coincides with a major firmware upgrade to CTERA’s Cloud Attached Storage® appliances. The CloudPlug and the larger C200 appliance seamlessly combine fast local network storage with off-site cloud storage and backup. This hybrid approach provides backup and restore in minutes, while still protecting against local disasters by storing copies in the cloud.
CTERA Portal has been well received by service providers during its extended beta period:
“As a managed services provider, our focus is on delivering solutions that minimize operating costs, eliminate complexity and protect our customers’ networks. CTERA’s technology provides the ideal path to the cloud—it’s easy to integrate, flexible and a step ahead of the competition—making it a perfect match for MSP Portal’s offerings and our broad and diverse customer base,” says Roy Miehe, president and CEO of MSP Portal, a CTERA channel partner.
“Just like larger enterprises, SMBs are experiencing tremendous pressure to store, manage, and protect growing volumes of digital information,” said Brad Nisbet, program manager for storage and data management services at IDC. “Cloud storage is rapidly gaining adoption within the SMB space, and solutions that focus on delivering cost-effective and user-friendly managed services, such as those powered by CTERA, will continue to fuel the fire.”
CTERA Portal is a turnkey solution for delivering cloud-based storage and data protection services, from creating service plans to remote maintenance of appliances. It includes easy-to-use tools for remote provisioning and centralized monitoring of storage appliances, managing and optimizing cloud storage, and running online backup services. It can be fully branded to match each service provider’s corporate identity.
CTERA Portal is available in both SaaS and Datacenter editions:
- SaaS Edition: Run by CTERA as a cloud service, the SaaS edition it is the quickest way for service providers to make a foray into managed cloud services, with an own-branded offering that can be up and running in hours, with no upfront investment.
- Datacenter Edition: Installed at the service provider’s existing datacenter, this option leverages the service provider’s investment in hosting and storage infrastructure to generate a new source of recurring revenue. It is equally well-suited to large-scale branch office deployments.
The CTERA Portal allows the creation of both prepaid and pay-as-you-go service plans, user self-provisioning, real-time monitoring and reporting, efficient storage management, integrated billing and credit card payment, and integration with other systems via open standards. With CTERA Portal, service providers can use 3rd party cloud infrastructure such as Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files as its backend cloud storage, as well as direct-attached and SAN storage.
“Service providers are CTERA’s natural partners for delivering Cloud Attached Storage services. That’s why we developed CTERA Portal,” says Liran Eshel, CEO of CTERA Networks. “The idea behind CTERA Portal is to make it possible for our partners to deliver their services quickly, cost-effectively, and with deployment options that suit their business needs.”
Cloud Attached Storage Appliances
CTERA’s award winning appliances, CloudPlug and C200, allow the MSP’s customers to protect the data on their networks with fast local backup, while automatically keeping a secure off-site copy for disaster protection.
Version 2.0 of the firmware includes a host of new enterprise-grade and unique features:
- Secure Remote Access: View files over the Web and manage the appliance remotely, from any PC or mobile device, no client software needed.
- Local Snapshots: Instant access to previous file versions stored on the appliance, an additional layer to the snapshots available in the cloud backup.
- Laptop Backup: Optional managed agents that enable backup of devices outside the office LAN, ideal for backing up roaming users and teleworkers.
- Additional Features: Active Directory support, NFS, iSCSI support, Apple Filing Protocol, Apple Time Machine support.
The CTERA Portal is available immediately for service providers and resellers, as are the CloudPlug and C200 firmware upgrades. Existing appliance users that are connected to the CTERA service will be upgraded automatically.
For further details and to sign up as a partner, email CTERA Networks at email@example.com or visit our website: www.ctera.com.