New CTERA Edge X Series Unifies Edge Computing with Secure Cloud File Services
Extends Cloud Resiliency and Scale to the Edge of the Enterprise
New York City – March 19, 2019 – CTERA Networks, the global leader in secure edge-to-cloud file services with more than 50,000 enterprise locations deployed worldwide, announced today the availability of the CTERA Edge X Series. The new flagship model represents the industry’s first unified edge solution combining out-of-the-box hyperconvergence and multi-cloud data management.
The CTERA Edge X Series, built in partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), integrates HPE SimpliVity, an enterprise-grade hyperconverged cloud platform, with CTERA’s global file system to provide all-in-one edge storage and compute solution with triple redundancy and multi-site collaboration.
CTERA Edge X Series highlights:
- ROBO Consolidation: unified compute and data management at the edge, bringing applications closer to users and data sources
- Built-in File Services: SMB/NFS support for workshares, applications, VDIs and home folders, with simple migration paths from legacy NAS systems
- Edge Computing: managed VMware hypervisor for running multiple tier-1 applications
- Global File System: cross-site file sharing and data protection, with seamless multi-cloud tiering, supporting all major public and private clouds
- Elastic Scaling: frequently accessed data is stored on high-performance local flash drives, while infrequently accessed data is automatically migrated to ‘cheap and deep’ cloud storage
- Triple Redundancy: all data is persisted synchronously across a pair of highly available local nodes and asynchronously replicated to off-site private cloud storage
- Data Efficiency: local hardware assisted deduplication optimizes local storage usage while and cloud deduplication slashes WAN traffic and cloud storage costs
- Superior Performance: all-flash system with up to 23 TB of local storage (raw, before deduplication), 192GB memory and 10Gbps Ethernet
- Ultimate Security: FIPS-certified cryptography with full control over key management and data residency
- Enterprise Service: Global 24×7 support with onsite service and four-hour response time.
“We see a major market shift toward convergence of infrastructure at the enterprise edge on the one hand, and on the other hand the continuous migration of workloads and data to the cloud,” said Oded Nagel, CTERA Chief Strategy Officer. “The CTERA Edge X Series enables distributed organizations to consolidate all aspects of ROBO IT while gaining powerful and flexible multi-cloud services under unified management.”
“Organizations choose HPE SimpliVity to speed application performance and improve efficiency and resiliency at the edge of the network,” said Phillip Cutrone, vice president and general manager, Worldwide OEM Business at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “With HPE SimpliVity features integrated with the CTERA X Series, customers can re-imagine file service delivery by gaining modernization for storing, accessing, and collaborating with unstructured data.”
“One of the most significant business challenges for a modern enterprise is evolving the traditional models for storing, protecting and delivering secure access to unstructured data,” said Steven Hill, senior storage analyst for 451 Research. “With a growing number of workloads poised to take advantage of edge computing, enterprise-class data management needs to move to the edge as well. A unified model like CTERA’s offers an intelligent approach to unstructured data management from edge to core.”
CTERA Edge X Series filers are delivered in a 2-node cluster configuration, with options for 9 or 12 SSD drives per node. The CTERA Edge Filer product line also includes the H Series (single-node appliances) and the V Series (virtual appliances). All products are available today.
Learn more about the X Series
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.