New York City and Petach Tikvah, Israel – June 4, 2015 – CTERA Networks today announced multi-tier support for Cisco offerings to enable Cisco customers to transform IT-as-a-Service delivery and enable secure file and data protection services from the core of the enterprise to the edge of the network.
With a uniquely comprehensive cloud storage platform-centric approach, the CTERA Enterprise Data Services Platform transforms IT organizations worldwide into service providers by bridging cost-effective object storage and public cloud storage into a secure, scalable and simple-to-deploy suite of data services. CTERA’s mobile collaboration tools and storage gateway products support enterprise file sync and share (EFSS), end-point backup and remote office / branch office (ROBO) file storage.
Today’s announcement showcases complete “end-to-edge” support for distributed enterprise environments that extend from the remote office to the cloud, addressing the entire continuum of end user and remote office data access, data governance, and data protection. Today’s announcement highlights the support for three Cisco offerings:
- CTERA’s Cloud Storage Gateway virtual appliance is now installable on the new Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) 4000 via Cisco’s UCS E-Series Server Modules, creating an intelligent branch and remote office router and storage server that combines routing services and LAN speed file and backup storage with hybrid cloud disaster recovery. With CTERA, the ISR 4000 becomes a cloud-enabled branch-in-a-box connectivity and data solution that enables dramatic ROBO infrastructure consolidation and increased ease of management and savings – all while delivering better data access options than traditional ROBO IT storage silos of data.
- CTERA now offers support for Cisco OpenStack Private Clouds, enabling organizations to manage and store data on Cisco OpenStack private cloud infrastructure and to leverage CTERA’s OpenStack Swift object storage support to save up to 80 percent versus the cost of traditional data center storage.
- CTERA joins the fast-growing Cisco Intercloud partner ecosystem that is pioneering a worldwide network of interconnected clouds to enable the next generation of hybrid cloud infrastructure and standardized cloud applications. The ecosystem includes cloud providers, technology partners and cloud resellers, as well as cloud builders such as CTERA partners BT and Portugal Telecom, to leverage CTERA and Cisco technology to enable the IT-as-a-Service transformation.
“The CTERA platform is a cost-effective solution for enterprises seeking to modernize their remote and branch office technology,” said Jason Rolleston, senior director of routing, enterprise infrastructure solutions group at Cisco. “Cisco customers benefit from CTERA with the ability to address every aspect of enterprise file storage, including sharing and protection. Customers can easily implement hybrid cloud strategies. This enables IT consolidation and simplified infrastructure supportability to improve overall total cost of ownership (TCO).”
“Cisco’s Intercloud strategy enables organizations to build highly secure, flexible, and scalable cloud environments, a concept that aligns very closely with CTERA’s ability to transform scalable cloud infrastructure into secure enterprise data services,” said Liran Eshel, CEO and co-founder, CTERA. “As organizations increasingly rely on the hybrid cloud topologies that enable the end users from the core to the edge of the network, Cisco and CTERA enable the delivery of data services with the best SLAs and simplified management regardless of where data is created or accessed in the network.”
CTERA @ Cisco LIve!
- Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers
- CTERA Cloud Storage Gateway
- CTERA OpenStack Support
- CTERA Cisco Intercloud Marketplace Homepage
CTERA (www.ctera.com) provides the industry’s first and only cloud storage services platform. Deployed by Global 1000 enterprises and leading cloud service providers, CTERA transforms private or public cloud infrastructure into scalable, secure, business-critical data services, addressing the storage, data protection and collaboration needs of business users. CTERA was founded by IT security experts in 2008, and is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Benchmark Capital, Venrock and Cisco. Follow @CTERA on twitter.com/CTERA.