We’re thrilled to announce a strategic partnership between Cisco and CTERA! This will empower global organizations to achieve file services modernization and IT infrastructure consolidation initiatives.
At a time when enterprises are overhauling traditional approaches, Cisco and CTERA are uniting to revolutionize enterprise file services. Now, users can be more productive and secure in how they access, share and collaborate. This success is due to a simplified edge infrastructure and IT cost reduction.
At the heart of the Cisco-CTERA partnership is a joint solution. That is to say, it converges a wide range of data center and remote office/branch office (ROBO) infrastructure into a single, all-in-one appliance. Powered by the Cisco 5000 Series Enterprise Network Compute System (ENCS), the appliance integrates CTERA’s unified file services platform. Consequently, users can power consistent file access, sharing, and collaboration for enterprise organizations from edge to cloud.
CTERA Edge Filers are embedded as a Virtualized Network Function (VNF) that runs on Cisco’s NFV Infrastructure Service for Cisco 5000 ENCS. Files are globally de-duplicated and encrypted at the appliance level in a WAN-optimized secure package. In other words, customers can deploy cloud-based storage services across any number of distributed locations. Moreover, storage will be easier to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot. Customers are free to leverage their choice of private or virtual private cloud storage infrastructure.
CTERA is the first cloud file services provider to join the Cisco Solution Partner Program. As a result, our strategic alliance drives significant IT modernization initiatives. This is key for enterprise and government organizations that are increasingly prioritizing infrastructure modernization at edge locations.
Distributed organizations with locations and users spread across wide geographic regions have numerous challenges. Firstly, they need to manage IT services delivery, from servers to storage. In addition they’re tacking unstructured data sprawl as well as working to ensure consistent file access. These organizations require simpler, easier ways to manage these challenges…and that’s where we come in.
Together, Cisco and CTERA enable customers to securely and seamlessly modernize a wide range of data center and ROBO infrastructure and systems. The joint solution allows enterprises to replace legacy NAS, backup, and disaster recovery infrastructure. In addition, it can act as a point solution for networking and compute.
Key features and benefits
- Edge infrastructure consolidation and TCO reduction
- Consolidate the entire range of edge IT requirements into a single appliance (this can reduce costs by up to 80 percent over legacy infrastructure, for example)
- Replace traditional NAS, backup, and collaboration tools with a unified platform
- Integrate into powerful Cisco networking, compute, and hyper-converged infrastructure
- Optimized file services delivery from edge to cloud
- Enterprise-grade central management tools (in other words, enable IT to oversee all aspects of file services delivery from a single platform)
- Digital transformation on your terms
- Empower users with the apps and file services they need to be productive (in addition to maintaining 100% data and application security)
In short, it’s a big development. Excited? We are too. Finally customers can enjoy the benefits of Cisco hardware and network services, combined with extended edge-to-cloud file services that modernize user file services.
Interested in learning more?