The All-in-One Storage Solution for SMBs
While many small businesses have big IT requirements, bordering on enterprise-grade in some cases, they are constrained by tight budgets and a shortage of in-house IT personnel. When it comes to storage and data protection, they face an impossible choice between overpriced enterprise solutions and cheap but inadequate consumer-level solutions.
All-in-One SolutionCombines backup, NAS, cloud sync and mobile collaboration in a single solution at significantly lower cost than equivalent separate solutions.
Local & Cloud BackupBack up your servers, desktops and laptops both locally and to the cloud, get fast local recovery with off-site redundancy in case of a local disaster.
Easy to Use and ManageAccess your CTERA appliance and cloud files anywhere using a web browser. Restore backups, view and share files, even from your mobile device.
CTERA's innovative cloud-integrated solution provides local NAS, backup agents for servers, desktops and laptops, remote cloud backup, file synchronization and mobile collaboration, all in a single tightly integrated product, delivered at a fraction of the cost of traditional disparate solutions.
Benefit from the Cloud, but Keep It Local
CTERA combines hardware appliances, small footprint software agents and cloud storage services to deliver a seamless user experience that feels local but delivers the flexibility, file sharing and off-site disaster recovery capabilities of the cloud. Using advanced de-duplication and compression technologies, CTERA ensures speedy data transfer to and from the cloud.
With CTERA you can:
- Store, back up and share files locally using NAS protocols (CIFS, NFS, AFP)
- Back up and restore files and full disk images on servers, desktops and laptops (Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Back up and restore your Microsoft Exchange, including single-mailbox recovery
- Back up and sync files to the cloud, maintaining multiple snapshots
- Share files in the cloud and on your mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android)
CTERA replaces in a single solution:
- NAS appliances, file servers, tape drives
- Backup software for servers, desktops, and laptops
- Online backup services
- Off-site tape vaulting services
- Cloud-based folder synchronization and mobile file access services
Available from Your Local Reseller or MSP
CTERA's SMB solution is sold through a network of partners and cloud service providers. To find one near you, click here.
- Consolidate storage, backup and collaboration: Fulfills all your file storage needs in a single solution, making it easier to manage your files, share them and keep them protected.
- Comprehensive data protection: Protect laptops, desktops and servers at both file- and disk-level ("bare metal") with a single, easy-to-manage solution. Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac platforms supported.
- Fast, tiered recovery: Rapidly restore files or entire disk images from the local appliance, or recover from the cloud, in case of local disaster.
- No need for on-site IT staff: If your IT is managed by a managed service provider (MSP) or a part-time IT guy, they will be able to manage your storage needs remotely.
- Reduced Administration Overhead: With a web browser-based user interface that is accessible anywhere, you will not require a system administrator to perform simple operations such as sharing your files or restoring previous file versions from backup.
- End-to-end security: Both CTERA appliances and CTERA Agents encrypt all files before they are sent to the cloud using strong AES 256-bit encryption, and you can choose a personal passphrase known only to you to access those files. For more details on CTERA's security measures click here.
- Highly cost-effective: Combining multiple storage services into a single device CTERA's solution results in dramatic cost reduction. You determine what and how much is backed up to the cloud, giving you complete control over cloud storage costs.
Easy to Use Web Interface
CTERA's appliances are managed using a standard web browser, with an user-friendly GUI that makes it easy to manage volumes, shares, backup and users.
Integrated Cloud Backup
CTERA's robust cloud backup is fully integrated into the appliance user interface, allowing to schedule backups to run automatically at specific times or intervals.
Cloud Drive Sync
Define folders to synchronize in real-time to the cloud. CTERA agents and appliances both provide the ability to define user groups for global de-duplication, which greatly improves performance over WAN and reduces cloud storage needs.
End-User File Manager
End-users can access their cloud drive and backup files using an online file manager, where they can download, restore and share files with one-off URLs via email.
Flexible Bandwidth Throttling
Ensure smooth network performance by selectively throttling appliance-to-cloud traffic when your network is busy. Control the exact bandwidth consumption during specific days of the week and hours of the day.
RAID Storage Arrays Configuration
CTERA appliances (with the exception of the CloudPlug) support RAID for local storage redundancy in case of hard disk drive failure. RAID 0/1 are supported on CTERA C200, and in addition RAID 5/6 are support on CTERA C400 and C800.
Network File Sharing
CTERA appliances support popular network file sharing protocols including CIFS, NFS, AFP, FTP, rsync, and WebDAV.
Integrated Cloud Services
Choose from multiple cloud services including backup, cloud file sharing, remote access, firmware updates, DDNS and more.
CTERA's Small-Footprint Agent
Back up and synchronize folders to the cloud with CTERA's small footprint software agents, allowing users to initiate and monitor backups and sync operations from their desktops.
Windows Shell Integration
Add/remove files for backup right in Windows Explorer, access your synchronized cloud drive, and receive notifications on backup and sync operations.