The Search for Easy, Secure File SharingIn today's distributed enterprise the need to share information has gone beyond what traditional systems can provide. Enterprise users have gotten used to the ease of cloud file sync and share (FSS) consumer-grade applications such as Dropbox, and are looking for a simple, easy way to share files in their business environment.
Enterprise IT professionals, on the other hand, are concerned with controlling where data is sent, how it is shared and how secure it is both in-transit and when stored in the cloud. Recent breaches into public consumer cloud services have proven their concerns to be justified, and the only solution is creating a secure, easy-to-use alternative.
The Secure, Private Cloud File Sync & Share Solution
CTERA provides an enterprise-grade alternative to consumer cloud applications, utilizing private cloud infrastructure and providing end-to-end security. Managed via CTERA Portal, the solution allows enterprises and service providers to set up file share and sync services for their users based on a variety of object storage platforms. CTERA's file sync & share solution can be used as:
- FTP alternative and large file transfer
- Secure file access for BYOD users
- Shared team workspaces
- File syndication (one-to-many or few-to-many)
Integration with Active Directory / LDAPUse your existing Active Directory or LDAP directory services for identity management and user authentication, avoiding duplicate directory services, ensuring rapid deployment and maintaining role-based access privileges.
Folder SynchronizationAccess to the cloud is not always guaranteed and at times may be slow. With folder sync, user files are automatically synchronized between their PC or laptop and their cloud folder, keeping files accessible and maintaining version control.
Project Team Collaboration
CTERA's file sync & share solution allows users to set up joint cloud storage workspaces in the form of 'cloud folders' for collaborating with colleagues, including the following features:
- Define read/write privileges and time-limited access
- Bi-directional synchronization of folders on their PCs with each other
- One-way synchronization for file syndication
- Conflict resolution in case of divergent file versions
- Ad-hoc sharing using unique, time-limited invitation URLs
- Easy file sharing for teams: Empower end-users to collaborate with team features that include project-based sharing with role-based access controls, read/write privileges and time-limited sharing, with no IT staff involvement. Ad-hoc sharing of files with external users using time-limited unique URLs is also available.
- Access files anywhere: Bi-directionally synchronize folders to and from the cloud, making files readily accessible on users' laptops and desktops even when offline.
- Avoid the risks of consumer cloud applications: With client-side encryption, data-at -rest encryption in the cloud, true multi-tenancy with separation of data, and user-controlled encryption keys, CTERA provides a secure alternative to non-secure public cloud services. Read more about our security measures here.
- Extend sharing to mobile devices: CTERA's Mobile App integrates with its cloud file sharing mechanism and provides file access and collaboration capabilities from mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Leverage private cloud infrastructure: Utilize your datacenter storage infrastructure to deliver mobile file collaboration, and control the storage of your data (or your customers' data). CTERA is interoperable with leading storage solutions from EMC, IBM, HDS, Dell and others.
- Deliver under your own brand: CTERA enables full branding of the solution, including all aspects of customer interaction on the web, PC and mobile, and offers click-button multi-language support.
- Rapid, zero development deployment: With advanced Active Directory integration for single sign-on and authentication, including support for AD forests, as well as automated remote installation and upgrades, pre-configuration and template-based management.
User-Driven File Sharing and Collaboration Projects
Enable multi-user team collaboration with user-administered project teams. Read/write and time-limited access supported. Works seamlessly with CTERA's sync features and Mobile App.
Cloud Drive Sync
Define folders to synchronize in real-time to the cloud. CTERA agents and appliances both provide the ability to define user groups for global de-duplication, which greatly improves performance over WAN and reduces cloud storage needs.
Securely access, share and sync cloud files from your Apple iPhone (shown here), iPad or Android device. Seamlessly connects to your encrypted folders in the cloud via CTERA Portal.
CTERA's Small-Footprint Agent
Back up and synchronize folders to the cloud with CTERA's small footprint software agents, allowing users to initiate and monitor backups and sync operations from their desktops.
Windows Shell Integration
Add/remove files for backup right in Windows Explorer, access your synchronized cloud drive, and receive notifications on backup and sync operations.