Palo Alto, California and Petah Tikvah, Israel – February 24, 2014 – CTERA Networks (www.ctera.com) today celebrates the deployment of its 30,000th cloud storage gateway appliance. The number of units shipped is significant not only because it is the largest in the industry, but also because it exceeds the total number of enterprise cloud storage gateways shipped by all other vendors combined to date. The milestone confirms CTERA as a worldwide leader in providing proven storage solutions for remote offices, branch offices and the mobile workforce.
With a uniquely comprehensive cloud storage platform-centric approach, the CTERA Cloud Storage Services Platform transforms IT organizations worldwide into service providers by bridging cost-effective object storage and public cloud storage into a secure, scalable and simple-to-deploy suite of storage services. CTERA’s mobile collaboration tools and storage gateway products support enterprise file sync & share (EFSS), end-point backup and remote office / branch office (ROBO) file storage.
According to research firm MarketsandMarkets, the cloud storage gateway market is expected to boom from $100 million in 2012 to $3.5 billion by 2018, at a breakneck growth rate of 80 percent annually. The growth has been driven by organizations seeking to replace legacy storage technologies such as file servers and tape backup with cost-effective and powerful cloud-based solutions.
CTERA’s cloud storage gateway appliances extend the capabilities of CTERA’s Cloud Storage Services Platform to provide localized storage access with integrated backup and file service functionality. They deliver on-premises storage capabilities for speed and local sharing while taking advantage of cloud storage for off-site backup, universal access, file sharing, and folder synchronization.
Exiting 2013, highlights from CTERA’s gateway business include:
- More than 30,000 CTERA cloud storage gateway appliances are now deployed and in operation at enterprises, including several Fortune Global 500 companies and business customers of CTERA’s cloud service provider ecosystem.
- Total shipped capacity for CTERA appliances exceeds 40 petabytes deployed worldwide.
- CTERA now has several customers who use its technology to serve more than 50,000 employees per deployment.
- In 2013, the CTERA cloud gateways continued to support customers’ open-platform initiatives and were deployed in conjunction with a variety of cloud and object storage platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Caringo, Cleversafe, DDN, EMC, IBM and OpenStack.
“The milestone of now selling over 30,000 CTERA gateways speaks not only to the scalability and capability of our technology, but also to the explosive market demand for flexible, cost-effective enterprise cloud storage, said Liran Eshel, CEO and Founder, CTERA. This milestone also serves as a celebration of success for the CTERA worldwide team, who share a common focus on enabling the next era of cloud data storage adoption.”
“Hybrid cloud storage architectures combine on-premises data storage with the ability to easily leverage public cloud storage. They are gaining popularity due to rapid provisioning, extreme scalability, falling capacity costs, changing workload patterns and content types, new storage buying centers and bridging technologies, such as cloud storage gateways." – Gartner report “IT Leaders Can Benefit From Disruptive Innovation in the Storage Industry” by Arun Chandrasekaran and Dave Russell, October 29th, 2013.
In related CTERA news today:
- CTERA announced a tripling of its worldwide business customer base in 2013. Today, more than 21,000 businesses are powered by CTERA’s Cloud Storage Services Platform.
- To meet the unprecedented demand for its Cloud Storage Services Platform, CTERA has launched a strategic growth initiative for 2014, and is announcing several key additions to the CTERA management team.
- New blog posts on CTERA.com/blog
About CTERA Networks
CTERA Networks provides the industry’s first and only cloud storage services platform. Deployed by Global 1000 enterprises and leading cloud service providers, CTERA transforms private or public cloud infrastructure into scalable, secure, business-critical data services, addressing the storage, data protection and collaboration needs of business users. CTERA was founded by IT security experts in 2008, and is backed by Benchmark Capital, Venrock and Cisco. For more information visit ctera.com or follow @CTERA on twitter.com/CTERA.