We’re sponsoring #AWSSummit Enterprise Pre-Day, starting on 7/8! Will you be there?
Palo Alto, California and Petah Tikvah, Israel – February 24, 2014 – CTERA Networks (www.ctera.com) today reported that growth across its enterprise and cloud service provider customer base had tripled in 2013. Through the execution of the company’s long-term business growth plan, founded on the belief that cloud-based data services will be strategically central to the agile IT organization of tomorrow, CTERA has amassed one of the world’s largest installed bases of cloud storage services business customers, now standing at more than 21,000 companies.
With a uniquely comprehensive cloud storage platform-centric approach, the CTERA Cloud Storage Services Platform transforms IT organizations worldwide into service providers by bridging cost-effective object storage and public cloud storage into a secure, scalable and simple-to-deploy suite of data services. CTERA’s mobile collaboration tools and storage gateway products support enterprise file sync & share (EFSS), end-point backup and remote office / branch office (ROBO) file storage.
In addition to tripling its end customer base, CTERA’s 2013 highlights include:
- CTERA’s suite of cloud data services products now stands as the de-facto “platform-of-choice” for cloud and managed service providers, thanks to its scalable, multi-tenant and secure architecture. CTERA’s Cloud Storage Services Platform has been deployed by service providers that represent 17 percent of all broadband bandwidth delivered across Europe and the Americas.
- Enterprise adoption, led by several Fortune Global 500 companies, now spans a range of industries including pharmaceutical, insurance, financial services and utility companies.
- Major service providers that offer a “CTERA-powered” service now include industry leaders such as Orange (formerly France Telecom), SFR, Swisscom, Telecom Italia, Telefonica, Wind and many more.
- CTERA introduced version 4.0 of its Cloud Storage Services Platform, the world’s first comprehensive data services platform for organizations looking to transform themselves into service providers. Featuring enhanced support for mobile platforms, security, and cloud storage integration, CTERA 4.0 is the industry's only unified cloud platform to combine EFSS, backup, and cloud file storage into one platform that supports a mix of on-premises storage and cloud storage.
- CTERA was recognized as a Gartner “Cool Vendor” in storage technologies, and listed among the “Coolest Cloud Storage Vendors” by CRN.
“Midsized and large enterprises participating in a survey from TheInfoPro, a service of 451 Research, are adopting cloud storage in greater numbers than ever before, said Simon Robinson, Vice President Storage at 451 Research. CTERA has secured some significant customer wins with large organizations, all of which validate the market in general and the company's platform-centric approach in particular.”
“2013 was another banner year for CTERA as enterprises and service providers continued to adopt versatile, scalable storage services platforms to address the challenges of the explosive growth of unstructured data, said Liran Eshel, CEO and Founder, CTERA Networks. Our customers have progressed from initial deployment of our technology and are now rapidly growing their adoption among their internal users and business customers. We will continue to drive net new business in 2014, as well as work relentlessly with our customers to drive successful cloud deployments.”
In related CTERA news today:
- CTERA has crossed the milestone of deploying more than 30,000 cloud storage gateways, selling more enterprise cloud storage gateways than all other cloud gateway vendors combined.
- To meet the unprecedented demand for its Cloud Storage Services Platform, CTERA has launched a strategic growth initiative for 2014, and is announcing several key additions to the CTERA management team.
- New blog posts on CTERA.com/blog
About CTERA Networks
CTERA Networks provides the industry’s first and only cloud storage services platform. Deployed by Global 1000 enterprises and leading cloud service providers, CTERA transforms private or public cloud infrastructure into scalable, secure, business-critical data services, addressing the storage, data protection and collaboration needs of business users. CTERA was founded by IT security experts in 2008, and is backed by Benchmark Capital, Venrock and Cisco. For more information visit ctera.com or follow @CTERA on twitter.com/CTERA.